Handball

Handball is a team sport with seven players on each team. The purpose is to win by scoring more goals than the other team. Some things that are not allowed is to step on the six meter line or to take more than three steps with the ball. Handball is a very popular sport in Norway and our national women team has won the world champion chip several times.
 It is a physical sport with a lot of body contact. It is therefor possible to get a yellow or red card if you are standing inside the six meter area, when you are trying to prevent a goal. On Norwegian it is called håndball and the sport is most known in Europe. 

  
This is a picture of the Norwegian handball player Heidi Løke.
This is a short video of when Norway won over Germany. 

10 kommentarer:

  1. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.

    SvarSlett
  2. do you guys play basketball or volleyball?

    SvarSlett
  3. That's pretty sweet that you guys do that. Its seems like lots of fun to be involved in some of these activities. I wish we had it here.

    SvarSlett
  4. Handball seems like a really fun sport! I love contact sports. we don't really have a lot of contact sports. We have sports like baseball, basketball, football (soccer), and golf. I would love to play a contact sport like handball. Also, I would love to learn more about handball. Maybe I will go online and learn about it!

    SvarSlett
  5. I know a little about handball and am surprised that it is so big in Europe. The main sports around here are football, baseball and basketball. Its interesting to know what people do in Europe for fun.

    SvarSlett
  6. You sport handball is closely related to speedball. It is not a popular sport but we play it in PE at school. Football (not soccer, more like rugby) is a big American sport.

    SvarSlett
  7. Hi, I am a freshman in high school and I love to play sports. I find handball to be very interesting and I wish we played it here. well I don't play handball but I play volleyball, basketball and softball at my school. Do you play any sports at your school? ~Alyda

    SvarSlett
  8. That game sounds like what we play in PE at school. It sounds fun! I'm glad to hear about one of you pass times.

    SvarSlett
  9. Handball sounds like a fun sport. I wish we played it here. Do you guys play any of the sports we do?

    SvarSlett
  10. Basketball, football and volleyball are also popular sports here in Norway.

    SvarSlett